XX AND XXI CHAMBER MUSIC AND REPERTOIRE FOR VIOLA, FLUTE AND HARP
individual applicants: 30 years
ensembles: an average of 30 years
Ensembles that can demonstrate they have been together
for at least three years are exempt from this age limit
Online video audition April 20
Entrance examination July 10 – 9 a.m.
The seminar will focus on an exploration of the performance of XX and XXI chamber music for flute, harp and viola.
Viola, flute and harp ensembles or soloists organised in this formation may apply.
For the entrance examination, candidates will be required to present one piece of their choice from the following:
● Jean-Philippe Rameau one of the Pièces de clavecin en concerts
● Tōru Takemitsu And then I knew ’twas wind
● Maurice Ravel Sonatine en Trio (transcr. Carlos Salzedo)
● Arnold Bax Elegiac Trio
● Sofia Gubaidulina Garden of Joys and Sorrows
● Claude Debussy Sonata for flute, viola and harp
● Kaija Saariaho New Gates
The lessons of the seminar will focus on an in-depth study of this repertoire.