Application form and fees
The application form must reach the Academy at the following address:
Accademia Musicale Chigiana (Students Office)
Via di Città, 89 53100 Siena (Italia)
Tel. 0577 22091 – Fax 0577 288124
N.B. According to and in conformity with Art. 13 of the Legislative Decrete no. 196 of June 30, 2003, please note the personal data gathered in this document will be handled by the Data Bank of the Accademia Musicale Chigiana Foundation. In addition, those who wish to do so many exercise the rights recognized in articles 7, 8 and 9 of the above cited Legislative Decree, requesting in writing form the Executive of the Accademia Musicale Chigiana Foundation in charge of personal data the deletion, updating or modification of their personal data. The data, for which we guarantee the maximum privacy, will be used in order to render possible the activity of the Foundation.
All fees must be paid in the exact amount requested in euros. Any exchange expenses or bank commissions will be charged in full to the student.
APPLICATION AND EXAMINATION FEE
This fee must be sent to the Secretary’s Office of the Academy together with the application form, indicating on the special form the details of the payment made by postal money order or by bank transfer to the account number 14822.16 made out to the Fondazione Accademia Musicale Chigiana Onlus (c/c n. 14822.16 of the Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena, Banchi di Sopra, 84 / IBAN IT 82 C 01030 14200 000001482216 / SWIFT CODE PASCITMMSIE), on which the student must write his name and the Course or Seminar for which he is applying.
Alternatively, payment may be made through Paypal, making sure to indicate the purpose of the payment (e-mail email@example.com:
[wp_paypal_payment_box email="firstname.lastname@example.org" options="TASSA di ISCRIZIONE per Corsi (escluso Dir. Orchestra): 48.00|TASSA di ISCRIZIONE Dir. Orchestra Valutazione Titoli: 28.00|TASSA di ISCRIZIONE Dir. Orchestra Iscrizione Corso: 68.00" other_amount=true other_amount_label="Altro Importo:" currency="EUR"]
ATTENDANCE FEE FOR ACTIVE STUDENTS
This fee must be paid before the beginning of the lessons. It is to be paid in its entirety and cannot be refunded if the candidate stops attendance on his own initiative. In case a scholarship is later awarded, the already paid fee will be refunded in proportion.
ATTENDANCE FEE FOR AUDITORS
This fee permits auditing of lessons in the chosen Course, and may be reduced for limited attendance periods. However, it cannot be refunded in case the student interrupts attendance on his own initiative. Those wishing to attend lessons occasionally may purchase one-day tickets.
The sale of entrance tickets is however subject to the capacity of the cassrooms. The direction reserves the right to suspend without notice the sale of tickets in the event that the excessive number of visitors interferes with the lessons or poses a security problem.
REDUCTIONS IN THE ATTENDANCE FEE FOR ACTIVE STUDENTS
The following (non accumulable) reductions are allowed:
- 60% for attendance of a second Course (*);
- 45% for members of Ensembles who can demonstrate (by submitting programs of concerts they have given) a concert activity of at least one year;
- 33% for holders of scholarships expressly awarded by the Italian Government to attend master classes at the “Accademia Chigiana”.
(*) A “second Course” is considered one taken together with the first Course. The reduction will be applied to the Course which starts later, with the exception for the Orchestral Conducting Course.
Exemptions from fees are granted in the following cases:
Application and examination fee
- to active students of Courses for solo instruments who also wish to attend the Chamber Music Courses accepting single instrumentalists;
- to active students of Courses in the same instrument or subject held by different instructors, for which payment of only one application and examination fee is required;
- to Students of the Rinaldo Franci Superior Institute of Musical Studies specifically selected as per Agreement.
Attendance fee for Active Students
- to active students of Courses for solo instruments who also wish to attend those Chamber Music Courses which accept single instrumentalists;
- to active students indicated by Accademia Chigiana Instructors as being in receipt of fee waivers. Visit Fee waivers and scholarships;
- to Students of the Rinaldo Franci Superior Institute of Musical Studies accepted as Full Participants, as per agreement.
Attendance fee for Auditors
- to a limited number of Students of the Rinaldo Franci Superior Institute of Musical Studies, as per agreement.
TABLE OF FEES
APPLICATION AND EXAMINATION FEE
It must be sent at the same time as the application form.
a) Orchestral conducting Course
€ 28 for evaluation of titles
€ 68 for the application and examination fee
b) All the other Courses
|Instructors/Sessions||Active students (€)||Auditors (€)|
|Clarinet and klezmer clarinet||Alessandro Carbonare
|Clarinet (July 7-15)||Alessandro Carbonare||176||88|
|Clarinet (July 31– August 5)||Alessandro Carbonare
|Double bass||Giuseppe Ettorre||264||132|
|Guitar and chamber music||Oscar Ghiglia||264||132|
|Orchestral Conducting||Daniele Gatti||490||245|
|Percussion instruments||Antonio Caggiano||374||187|
|String Quartet and chamber music||Günter Pichler||264||132|
|Viola and chamber music||Bruno Giuranna||286||143|
|SEMINARS||Instructors||Active students (€)||Auditors (€)|
|Choral conducting||Lorenzo Donati||110||55|
|XX and XXI century chamber music and repertoire for viola, flute and harp||Trio Tre Voci||132||66|
|“Tabula rasa”. The art of improvisation||Stefano Battaglia||132||66|
|Partial attendance (for auditors only)|
|For all Courses except Orchestral Conducting||One week only||.||.||71|
|For the Orchestral Conducting Course|
|One week only||.||.||146|
N.B. In case of disagreement on the interpretation of translation, the Italian text will apply.